[App_rpt-users] radio-tune-menu problem

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Tue Aug 29 17:30:25 UTC 2017

Folks, I've searched for solutions with this. But downloaded RAT_RC1.img
and put it in a SD card, etc, Pi3, etc. First issue was the nodesetup
erroring out and not setting up things like which channel driver and so
on, but I manually setup rpt.conf to be simpleusb and the right node
number, manually edited modules.conf  to enable simpleusb, manually
setup simpleusb.conf. Now I have the node where it works. Passes audio
but went to setup levels. RX audio to net is too high. I made a file for
tune factrors in /etc/asterisk

simpleusb_tune_usb_27170.conf :

[usb]
; name=usb
; devicenum=0
devstr=3-1
rxmixerset=25
txmixaset=999
txmixbset=999

The txmix settings work, the rx ones don't seem to. Same hardware, other
distro and could get the audio right.

but...

radio-tune-menu won't run:

root at repeater:~# radio-tune-menu
Error parsing device parameters

I'm lost as to where to look. Running on my nodes either limey or ACID.
I had another person's image for the Pi but arch linux is a nightmare
(and this coming from a 21 year veteran of slackware). Building a node
for N5JGX, which I along with W8VT will be admin for. So I downloaded
RAT_RC1 figuring I'd stick with the successors, heirs or designee of the
founder.

But hope someone can give me some direction where to look.

If it can't parse device parameters...where do they live??

Thanks All y'all

GeorgeC

W2DB 2360

--