[App_rpt-users] Stats server update

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Dec 6 21:46:58 UTC 2017

Hi Everyone,

The stats server is running again, as many have noticed. There was a
network outage with the hosting provider, earlier.

Also, while performing a system check-out, we found that the server is
experiencing some periodic overloading issues, due to the constantly
increasing number of AllStar users....More users is a good thing!!

We've made some minor changes with the stats server software to maximize
performance and minimize wasted CPU cycles. As such, there are some minor
changes on the main and other web pages. One change is that the global
bubble map, which was at the top of the main stats page, had been taken
down. That image take a lot of compute time to generate and is now so big
that's it's probably not too useful.

A server upgrade is now scheduled to better meet the increasing future
performance needs.

Thanks for your support!

73, David KB4FXC