[App_rpt-users] Need programming software for CM200 and CM300 Motorola

William Higgins higgins.ws at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 21:38:27 UTC 2017

Hi Loren!

I was recently able to program some of my old Motorola Maxtrac radios from
a fairly new and very fast Windows 10 machine using DOSBox.  I found the
keys to the castle in KK6JYT's online blog post. The first key is to set
the cycles in DOSBox to 191.  The second thing to do is to use a USB
programming cable that has a true FTDI chip in it (at least that's what I
used!)  It's slow in reading and writing the codeplug but it does work!
I've programmed several radios with it now.  I would imagine the same
setting might work for your CM200 and CM300 radios if their CPS requires
DOS.

Thanks to KK6JYT for publishing this info.  My old WinXP laptop is about to
die.

Here's the link to his blog post:

https://kk6jyt.com/motorola-radius-gm300-programming/