[App_rpt-users] Regarding Dial installation..

Loren Tedford loren at lorentedford.com
Sun Dec 17 22:25:37 UTC 2017

After spending two weeks in total off and on working on the installation
of dial via the iso files provided by the allstarlink.org  website wiki.
I have finally  gotten a clean installation in a VM.. I am posting this
VM public for everyone to be able to download in the event you can't get
allstarlink installed.. The password is the default usernaame: repeater
password: allstarlink Just as listed in the wiki.. I also posted the iso
files as well.. I still think this was a scripting issue some where and
I think that we need to be much more careful in how we handle
allstarlink stable distro in the future.. We need to make sure that
Stable is Stable and create test versions rather than make random
changes.. I am thankful and grateful for everyones help during this
entire problem however if i was some one that wasn't familiar with linux
i would have given up by now for sure..  Their is no excuse for failed
installations with a stable iso. Below will be the links to where i have
stored these for everyone's download just as a just in case basis..

Here is what i think happened.. I think that either a script was mis
typed for some reason or file extensions didn't match during
installation on the second boot duration as seen in my video here..
https://youtu.be/WKkEg-EEyNc It seemed to get stuck during the second
boot where typically it would install allstarlink and do its thing.. I
am not a huge fan of over the internet installations for the project
however i understand why we have been doing it.. From time to time I
think we should get together and store full iso images for installation
on sites with no network or limited internet access..

Here is a link to the iso i got to work..
http://voipham.com/downloads/allstar-firmware-8.7.1-amd64-i386-netinst/

Here is a VM ready to import
http://voipham.com/downloads/Debian%208.7.1-amd64-i386-VirtualBox.zip

Lets hope this doesn't happen in the future..

Loren Tedford (KC9ZHV)

Please lets be more careful from here on out..