[App_rpt-users] RTCM drop out and PTT stuck, GPS lock

Hayden Honeywood haydenph91 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 03:30:50 UTC 2017

One of my VOTER boards has decided to drop out of GPS lock when the
transmitter is keyed up. Has been working fine for months.

The GPS antenna is a magnetic "puck" on the shed feeding a BG7TBL GPS. I've
had one of these antennas die in the shack completely - plug it in and the
GPS never gets lock. The UHF repeater antenna is about 30 feet vertically
above it and I've never had an issue. Same GPS antenna on another site and
that is only about 3 feet away from the TX antenna, but no issues there.
Perhaps it's water problems?

The second problem - perhaps coincidence, is that at least one of my
transmitters lock on transmit. I did see this once on the bench but it
never happened again. There was no input signal, and you could talk over
the top of it. It never times out, and the RTCM board indicates PTT as 1. A
reboot fixes the issue.

Anyone know the causes of such problems?

Regards
Hayden VK7HH