[App_rpt-users] DIAL sending audio to another DIAL when it shouldn't be - need some assistance please!

James Cizek james.m.cizek at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 21:38:04 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

I have a unique problem I am hoping someone on the list can help me uncover
where to look next.  The situation is
this:

I have repeaters are 2 mountain tops.  Mountain 1 and Mountain 2.  On
Mountain 1 are (2) repeaters, a VHF (repeater A) and
UHF (Repeater B).   On Mountain 2 is a VHF (Repeater C) and UHF (Repeater
D).

On mountain 1, there are also voted receivers for Repeaters C & D.

There are DIAL boxes on both mountains.  Repeaters A&B using DIAL on
Mountain 1 (non-voting config, just basic repeater), and Repeaters C,D and
both voters using
DIAL box on Mountain 2 (microwave links between mountain 1 & 2).

Everything has it's own RTCM (so there are 6 RTCMs in this situation).
Everything is private (no public allstar nodes)

Looking at allmon2 (running on each of the DIAL servers) I can see that
there are NO links established and the RSSI bars
respond to each of the voted receivers appropriately.

I have checked each RTCM and DIAL box and verified that everything is
logging in to where it is supposed to, and no where else.

The problem I have is that when you transmit on Repeater A, the audio is
being transmitted on both Repeaters A & C.
If you transmit on repeater C, the audio is only retransmitted on Repeater
C (as it should be).

Looking at allmon, even during a transmission, there are NO links
established.

Verbose output on asterisk (asterisk -rvvvvvvvvv) shows no links
established on either DIAL box.

I can't figure out why DIAL on mountain 1 is sending the audio over to
Mountain 2 DIAL (and only on the VHF set of repeaters even though the UHF
set has an identical config).
Any thoughts on where I might go looking would be much appreciated... I
have been tearing my hair out on this one for a while!

Happy to share any requested config.
Thanks in advance for any thoughts/comments/insights/etc!

james
KI0KN