[App_rpt-users] App_rpt-users Digest, Vol 96, Issue 56

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Sun Feb 26 16:32:04 UTC 2017

Larry, I did look there but they say they will not do it. Instead they
have some more complicated scheme where the Pi talks SPI to an arduino
and use the parallel pins on the Arduino which seems to have made the
whole thing more complicated than need be. There are ports on the Pi
that could do the trick just fine. But I know not how to write code for it.

Agreed on seeing two camps on this stuff. But this one here seems to be
closer to the original intent of Duuuude and Steve, etc. AND the other
guys use Arch Linux which is pretty much a departure from the world.
Arch does work as a desktop if nothing ever needs to be "worked on". But
in trying to track down a simple config change was a waste of time,
nothing seems to be where Debian and the rest of the world (except
Slackware) puts it. So I realized this distro is closestto what makes
sense and now have that on a few Pi's

GeorgeC

W2DB

2360