[App_rpt-users] Voter Lost Master Timing Source

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 01:19:47 UTC 2017

Yeah bypassing the switch and having both the RTCM and the Server on the
router solved the problem.

Initially I had both the server and the RTCM on the switch. The RTCM didn't
even seem to find the server if I am not mistaken. Second, I moved the RTCM
to the router and left the server on the switch. It seems to work fine
initially, but it kept "loosing host" for a second and then finding it
again.

Now that both the RTCM and server are directly on the router, it seems to
be working OK.

Don't think it's a GPS issue, but we do have to move the GPS outside of the
fan hole of the shack for a better signal eventually.

I am still really confused how 9600 baud works for so many people with the
GPS-18. The yellow GPS light does not activate when I set the RTCM to 9600.
Only 4800.

I am leaving back to college in a week but I might get one more chance to
go out there and try a new switch or have someone else do it, I'll report
back if I do that.

We also noticed a glitch in the RTCM where if you take network out enough
times, it will fail to boot when it reboots on acquisition of network.
We're working on a way to hard reboot in the event that does happen.
Apparently it is a known glitch according to RMHAM.

 We're thinking of leaving the previous repeater controller in just for RX
and using DTMF to control a relay on the logic ports to switch power to the
RTCM. Maybe even enable TX on the controller on a last resort failover to
at least keep the repeater running non-voting.

Skyler kd0whb