[App_rpt-users] crontab schedule repeater announcements

Apu apu at spfld.com
Wed Jan 25 02:49:45 UTC 2017

On 1/24/17 9:41 PM, DuaneVT . wrote:
> MAILTO=root

Are you getting e-mail messages to root with the errors, if any?

> * * * * * ./announcements01
> * * * * * ./announcements01.sh
> * * * * * . /announcements01.sh  # dot space  announcements01.sh
> * * * * * announcements01.sh      # chmod u-x announcements01.sh (to
> make executable)

If the file is "announcements01.sh" in the /root directory, try
/root/announcements01.sh as the path for the crontab entry.  If I'm
reading your crontab entry correctly, your system is trying to find the
file at /announcements01 or /announcements01.sh but I think you might
have it saved it /root/announcements01.sh -- just a guess though.

(And you want u+x, not u-x, aka "chmod 0755 announcements01.sh")

--
 _
| |
http://www.spfld.com/