[App_rpt-users] crontab schedule repeater announcements

DuaneVT . selkie2 at comcast.net
Fri Jan 27 14:43:42 UTC 2017

I finally got to the root mail to see what errors crontab was finding with
running this script. I have crontab calling ann01.sh script and the script
is running.
The ann01.sh and prompt01.gsm files are in /etc/asterisk/scripts. Both
files and the scripts folder are set as executable.
The ann01.sh script is as below:

#!/bin/bash
# Script plays prompt01 audio files over local node (repeater)
# Runs "localplay prompt01.gsm via IAX or radio *970

PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/
sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin/asterisk/

/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt localplay /etc/asterisk/scripts/prompt01"  #
error "can't open ann01"

sudo asterisk -rx "rpt fun 42996 *970"                             # error
"can't open ann01"
asterisk -rx "rpt fun 42996 *970"                                      #
error "can't open ann01"
/usr/sbin/asterisk -rx "rpt fun 42996 *970"                       # error
"can't open ann01"
echo "Hello World" >> test                                               #
runs fine!

I can hit *970 on the radio and hear the localplay run the prompt01 speech.
I can type ann01 via ssh and the prompt01 is heard.
I just can't get the ann01.sh script to run from cron!

Help!
Duane KA1LM