[App_rpt-users] *FIXED* can't drop inbound connection

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Sun Jan 29 21:38:18 UTC 2017

That seems to be a fairly serious accusation of motive. I don't know whether anyone is trying to drive a wedge between any groups, but it sure seems to me that we're a small enough community already that any divisions can't but hurt the whole community, and any collaborations can't but help.

Of course, forking of app_rpt and friends is not unheard of; Xipar is another such, and there seem to be incompatibilities between, for example, the original usbradio modules and Steve's urd ones, and perhaps other incompatibilities as well. I don't know.

Do we know, has Doug's group explicitly said they would not contribute any of their work back to the main line distribution? I was under the impression that their efforts would, in fact, assit the main All Star Link effort and not just the hamVOIP fork of same. Am I wrong about this?

So as to not clutter up the list with tons of email (yeah right...), and maybe to contribute to the confusion, here's what the README says about source code.

Source code is not a part of the image download but will be available as a package download. The source is significant in size and unless you have a need for it there is no reason to download.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Email: buddy at brannan.name