[App_rpt-users] usbradio pre- & de-emphasis

Bob Pyke k6ecm1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 17:42:36 UTC 2017

When I first setup a RPi with DIAL on our repeater, it sounded tinny, and I made a change in configuration in usbradio that de-emphasized the audio. It was too much, loosing too many of the higher frequency components that make for clarity of audio. I'm looking for information on what settings (e.g. dsp, and the rx and tx settings, =flat, =speaker, etc) that have a pre- or de-emphasis effects in app_rpt. A general discussion would be useful as well. I can address this in hardware, but wanted to explore the software approach first.

Thanks,
Bob

Sent from my iPhone