[App_rpt-users] Reliability / Network Stability

Benjamin Naber Benjamin at Project23D.com
Tue Jun 27 01:10:23 UTC 2017

Over the course of the last six months or so, I have noticed there have
been some issues with allstarlink.

Either the allstarlink website doesn't work, connections are radanomly
dropped on known high-reliability networks and connected equipment.
All without apparent cause.

Again today, for no apparent reason, all links on several systems in
this area were dropped, and were not able to connect to anyone. Some of
our nodes have "direct access" to other nodes specified in the rpt.conf,
and those connections worked fine.

When a node cannot connect to node 2000, or some other random one, there
is an issue.

All nodes in this area have different ISPs, so it rules out the
possibility of ISP issue.

Other folks I have talked to across the country have stated they have
noticed similar issues.

Has anyone noticed this, and not said anything, or what is going on?

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ