[App_rpt-users] Simulcasting with RTCM/voter

Hayden Honeywood haydenph91 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 03:10:40 UTC 2017

Thanks for your thoughts Jesse and Tim.

Ah, perhaps that was my issue, I was setting the delay, doing a 99 to save
to EEPROM but not rebooting. Perhaps I need to try this next. Basically the
test you have described Jesse is what I am doing at home.

I believe from what I have read and understand from Joe's messages, Tim
that some error in the launch delay is OK at voice. I read somewhere over
110uS it starts to become a problem.

I certainly can get away with no PL encoding on the transmitter, I was
merely using it as a means of double checking my audio phasing. Voice
sounds OK, depending on my frequency offset. It does have a level of
distortion however - again maybe due to the launch delay not being set
correctly. I suppose a semi bonus is that at 6 metres, normal propagation
effects cause noise, crackles, phase cancellations etc so it may just all
sound natural anyway. Sporadic E openings will be interesting though :).

Currently my main site has a significant overlap of my planned secondary
site. I may need to reconsider this to reduce the overlap.

73
Hayden