[App_rpt-users] Simulcasting with RTCM/voter

Tim Sawyer tisawyer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 14:33:11 UTC 2017

The delta should be less than 83uS for voice is what I read. Digital (i.e.
P25) needs to be even less, not that that's what your dealing with here. Of
course the signal strength comes into play as well. The overlap areas are
defined as areas where the signal is within 10dB.

The Radio Mobile program can accept these figures and plot the simulcast
interference. It takes some doing to figure out but well worth the effort.
I've found it amazingly accurate. I might have an example plot to share if
anyone is interested.

The DAC problem is related to audio phase not launch delay. So the audio
will sound bad even with the proper launch delay.

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 8:10 PM, Hayden Honeywood <haydenph91 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for your thoughts Jesse and Tim.
>
> Ah, perhaps that was my issue, I was setting the delay, doing a 99 to save
> to EEPROM but not rebooting. Perhaps I need to try this next. Basically the
> test you have described Jesse is what I am doing at home.
>
> I believe from what I have read and understand from Joe's messages, Tim
> that some error in the launch delay is OK at voice. I read somewhere over
> 110uS it starts to become a problem.
>
> I certainly can get away with no PL encoding on the transmitter, I was
> merely using it as a means of double checking my audio phasing. Voice
> sounds OK, depending on my frequency offset. It does have a level of
> distortion however - again maybe due to the launch delay not being set
> correctly. I suppose a semi bonus is that at 6 metres, normal propagation
> effects cause noise, crackles, phase cancellations etc so it may just all
> sound natural anyway. Sporadic E openings will be interesting though :).
>
> Currently my main site has a significant overlap of my planned secondary
> site. I may need to reconsider this to reduce the overlap.
>
> 73
> Hayden

> options button"
> the list detailing the problem.