[App_rpt-users] Allstar RTCM unit bandwidth usage

Bradlington bradlington at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 15 19:58:27 UTC 2017

Good day

I am new to ALLSTAR and we have recently integrated Allstar RTCM unit
into our clubs local repeater.

We are using a 3G dongal for internet connectivity -through an ethernet
bridge feeding out to both the DMR and Allstar RTCM units.

The data usage has dramatically increased since the inclusion of ALLstar .

Does anyone have an accurate table of data consumption for various duty
cycles per day so we can see if this is normal or if there is another
reason for presumed excessive data consumption .

On average the DMR alone used 70 Meg per day - since the addition of
allstar RTCM  ,  combined it has gone up to approx 220 Meg /day.

Kind regards

Bradley Glen
zs5bg