[App_rpt-users] RPi 3 controller problem (Steve Zingman)

William Higgins higgins.ws at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 18:40:06 UTC 2017

I haven't figured out how to do replies when I only get the digest in gmail.

Anyway, Steve, re this:

>I don't THINK the receiver dropout and the EchoLink inbound are related.
>The problem COULD be radio_relax. (The DTMF decoder is falseing) Though
>I wonder about the duration of the dropout. How did you set receive levels?
>
>Steve

I was monitoring the Asterisk console this morning during a QSO on the
repeater and DID see a number of DTMF false messages.  They were all just a
matter of 10-100 milliseconds, but there did seem to be a disruption of the
audio when they came along.  I didn't tie the two together in my head
because there didn't seem to be a one to one correlation, if you get my
drift.

I set the receive levels using radio-tune-menu.  It was all done onsite at
the repeater with MINIMAL equipment (an HT.)  I have since done some tuning
on it (especially the receive levels) from home during typical QSOs.

Bill