[App_rpt-users] Registry re-requests (David Shaw)

William Higgins higgins.ws at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 18:20:46 UTC 2017

Hi David!

First of all, thanks for your suggestions.

I'm not saying that the network can't be a problem, however, there is
seldom anyone coming into the node via Echolink or ASL.  The audio dropouts
are predominantly from repeater receiver audio, during local QSOs.  When I
spoke of the CAT7 cable with the ferrite chokes, I was referencing the
interface cable I constructed to run between the RIM Lite and the repeater
itself.  The RPi3 is connected to the network via Wifi to a router that is
no more than 4-5 feet away.  I've seen no evidence of the link bouncing at
all.  We did not connect it via Ethernet because all the host's router's
ethernet ports were full.  We have purchased a switch to expand his network
so that we can connect via Ethernet instead as soon as we get approval from
him to do so.

I am wondering if this might be a USB problem, however I have found no
indication in any of the system or Asterisk log files of that.  The RIM
Lite is the only USB device plugged into the RPi3.  I suppose it's also
possible that the RIM Lite is wonky, but I have no other device with which
to replace it.  I have not yet put a ferrite choke on the USB cable, but
plan to do that during my next trip to the site.

I really appreciate all the ideas that are coming forward.  If I don't get
this solved soon, I'm going to have to put the original CAT200 controller
back in place, hang my head in shame and restart this whole project at a
later time. (Oh well, it won't be the first time for that! LOL)

Bill Higgins
N0NOE