[App_rpt-users] Squelch issue with RTCM and Kenwood

Hayden Honeywood haydenph91 at gmail.com
Mon May 1 23:34:13 UTC 2017

Hi James,

As Lee said, load Chuck squelch and see how it goes. I had similar issues
with mine (although I'm running the VOTER board). The RSSI meter would jump
around all over the place. I also had to find a suitable location for the
discriminator on my radio. In my case the pin labelled "discriminator" had
some high pass filtering applied.

The delay seems inherent in the RTCM/voter. I've tested over a LAN with a
latency of <1ms and I still hear the last syllable of my last word when
unkeying.
This is with the RX buffer set at 120ms and the TX buffer at 60ms (so is
that 180ms total).

There must be over a half second delay elsewhere within the processing of
audio that is added?

Hayden