[App_rpt-users] RTCM/Voter pulse noise

Chuck Henderson rpt2 at chuck.midlandsnetworking.com
Wed May 17 09:11:51 UTC 2017

I don't have any noise like that with voter boards or RTCMs.  My first
thought is that you may have a ground issue, or may not have your
audio wires shielded from your power/logic wires that are running in
the same cable.  Have you tried other boards or RTCMs with the same
cables?  Did you use the exact components to build the boards or did
you substitute any components, such as the regulators or capacitors?
I always use 2 separate cables into the common connector, one cable
carries shielded audio and audio ground and the other carries power,
logic levels (cor, ptt, etc) and power/logic ground.  If you have this
issue with both the boards and the RTCMs then IMHO, it must be a cable
issue.  (or a nut loose behind the control panel, just kidding :-)
 Chuck