[App_rpt-users] app_rpt issue with Polycom VVX phone

Mark Johnston markjohnston73 at gmail.com
Thu May 25 02:32:18 UTC 2017

I know this may sound crazy, I have had the same issue when entering any
commands while connected to a node, *81 or *3..... disconnects after 30
seconds,

Now the only " Solution " I have found is to add a second entry for the
node, another 'Line' as they call it, and use that one, then it works just
fine. I have checked & cross checked the settings on the phone, even if I
have multiple servers, only the first entry on the IP phone has this issue
(I have 4 separate lines/servers -Not Nodes) You could duplicate an entry
with the same node, it's ridiculous but it is working.
The phone is a VVX 500 series, I have updated the firmware and tested this
on two different phones.

"Got Root?"

How many software engineers does it take to change a light bulb?
*None. It's a hardware problem.*

Unix is user friendly. It's just very particular about who it's friends are.
WINDOWS: Will Install Needless Data On Whole System
MICROSOFT: Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
Teenagers.

A ntennas
P oorly
P laced
L acks
E ngineering

The best way to accelerate a computer running Windows is at 9.81 m/s².

*"I get paid to support Windows, I use Linux to get work done."*