[App_rpt-users] iPhone Verizon Hot Spot Issues

Will Bashlor will at bashlor.com
Wed Nov 15 20:07:43 UTC 2017

Thanks Carl,

Yes, I am using my hot spot for a portable allstar node. I understand that with Verizon port forwarding is impossible without the one-time $500 static IP, however port forwarding shouldn’t be required for outbound only connections. It’s odd, I can attempt to connect to a node and it never connects, then 5 minutes later I can try again, and it does connect. Or I may try node AAAAA and it doesn’t connect, then BBBBB and it connects, then AAAAA and it doesn’t connect. But others can connect to AAAAA. Or when I get to work or home on WiFi then I can connect to AAAAA. Then 10 minutes later I leave the house and I connect to AAAAA just fine. In other words, there is no logical pattern lol.

I guess I need to start writing down what nodes and can and can’t connect to, and when. And start watching the Asterisk CLI to tell me what’s going on. I’m a network engineer working for an Internet service provider, so I can troubleshoot, but I haven’t began troubleshooting yet. I was just probing the community beforehand which could save me some time in the long run. I figured (hoping) someone have had to run into this before with all the portable nodes already out there.

73

Will, KE4IAJ

TARG <https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=196073504193006&ref=br_rs>  AEC