[App_rpt-users] RTCM RSSI calibration (recorder)

Chuck Henderson rpt2 at chuck.midlandsnetworking.com
Thu Oct 26 13:53:31 UTC 2017

I do not use the rpi for any repeaters yet. I do not specify /tmp, but my
files automatically are placed in /tmp.
I suspect that in porting the code to the rpi there must have been a change
in the source code that changed that behavior.
Maybe by default, they send files to /dev/null to avoid using up the
limited writes to the flash memory???
Can you plug in a usb hard drive to capture logs and recordings so as to
save the flash memory from eventual destruction from too many writes?
So far I have lost 3 flash cards in experimental rpi use.  I think each
location in the flash is limited to a finite number of writes (maybe
100,000 per location) and software tries to keep moving files around to use
up the entire flash evenly.  But they do eventually fail.
Chuck