[App_rpt-users] stats.allstarlink.org

Tim Sawyer tisawyer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 15:27:55 UTC 2017

There is some work being done in that area and more. I'm rebuilding the
AllStar Portal, slowly. This node list https://allstar.aargdmr.net/nodelist/
has a filter box in the upper right. It gives some of the functionality
you're looking for.

Login is not required to see the node list. You may login just to test the
feature but it won't let you do much as there is not much there yet. The
database is a copy of the actual current database and it might be months
old or only seconds old, depends on when I've worked on it last.

You're welcome to bang on it and provide feedback. I hope to have time in
coming weeks for further development.

On Sat, Sep 23, 2017 at 10:12 PM, Benjamin Naber <Benjamin at project23d.com>
wrote:

> I'm very well aware the next lines of this message could be a very time
> consuming project.
>
> I think the ability for something along the lines to sort ASL nodes,
> separated by, at least, Country and State/Province would possibly
> encourage more activity among nodes connected to repeaters that do not
> see a lot of local activity for whatever reason. Trying to find a ASL
> node in state like GA, searching the stats page for "GA" results in many
> matches with wherever "GA" is found. Given the nature of a community
> updated site like repeater-book, which is awesome, does not have all
> open repeaters with ASL.
>
> Echostink and IRLP have this capability. During our weekly ASL TechNet,
> the available search options on stats.allstarlink.org, gets brought up.
>
> Perhaps, just a few mods can be made to the Allstar Server config page,
> where City, State/Province, Country are separate entry dialog boxes, and
> select boxes for "testing" or "Portable". If one or the other select box
> is checked for "Testing" or "Portable", location info is not required
> and portable/test ASL nodes could have a separate "location" category of
> their own. Which by the way, this category could be at the bottom of the
> stats page, as most portable nodes, when used on cellular networks, do
> not allow incoming connections, anyhow.
>
> The top of the stats page can use the arrow-sort type 'buttons' to
> select sort display results, next to the column name. This may enable
> sorting by frequency, country, state, city, callsign, first heard, or
> node number.
>
> This kind of thing, as stated, will take time. That said, reasonable
> refining ideas should be made by the group, and perhaps volunteers for
> coding to make it work, and on the present stats page, a link to the
> developmental stats page.
>
> I cannot tell you the first thing about coding, but I can offer a public
> IP and dev. server space at a datacenter I work in.
>
> Obviously, the implementation is ultimately up to the powers-that-be,
> but it sure would be nice to have some 'sort' of better sorting.
> Especially for travelers looking for ASL nodes in areas they are
> transiting through or visiting.
>
> ~Benjamin, KB9LFZ

> options button"
> the list detailing the problem.