[App_rpt-users] Repeater Stuck Locked open for 18 hrs

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Mon Apr 23 15:04:02 UTC 2018

On 4/23/2018 10:47 AM, Loren Tedford wrote:

> Good point Keven! We are using DmKeng URIx for both repeaters on the
> computer.. At the time of arrival out at the repeater site.. 2 meter
> repeater was not stuck in the open position but the UHF repeater was
> stuck open with Red light on on the URIx I do not believe the green
> heart beat was flashing we think it was solid.. Mark doesn’t remember
> other than the red led was solid..

There are no versions of Asterisk/app_rpt along with hardware that are
stable enough to prevent this condition from ever happening.

You may want to consider a radio adapter that disables the PTT when the
application has crashed or stopped, there's a hardware malfunction, or a
communications issue with the radio adapter.  The URI doesn't currently
have this functionality, but there are several others that do.

Kevin