[App_rpt-users] Repeater Stuck Locked open for 18 hrs

Steve Mahler kizzy at lusfiber.net
Mon Apr 23 15:51:58 UTC 2018

I haven't had a stuck PTT on either AllStar controller.  But, I do have
a DTMF command that executes a Linux reboot.   In rpt.conf it looks like ...

81234=cmd,/sbin/reboot

It seems to work OK.  It might work on PTT stuck if the receiver is
still listening and some of the software is functional.

...STeve - KF5VH

On 4/23/2018 10:04 AM, Kevin Custer wrote:
> On 4/23/2018 10:47 AM, Loren Tedford wrote:
>>
>> Good point Keven! We are using DmKeng URIx for both repeaters on the
>> computer.. At the time of arrival out at the repeater site.. 2 meter
>> repeater was not stuck in the open position but the UHF repeater was
>> stuck open with Red light on on the URIx I do not believe the green
>> heart beat was flashing we think it was solid.. Mark doesn’t remember
>> other than the red led was solid..
>>

> There are no versions of Asterisk/app_rpt along with hardware that are
> stable enough to prevent this condition from ever happening.
>
> You may want to consider a radio adapter that disables the PTT when
> the application has crashed or stopped, there's a hardware
> malfunction, or a communications issue with the radio adapter. The URI
> doesn't currently have this functionality, but there are several
> others that do.
>
> Kevin

---