[App_rpt-users] Repeater Stuck Locked open for 18 hrs

Loren Tedford loren at lorentedford.com
Mon Apr 23 18:44:57 UTC 2018

That’s great Steve!! We thought we had our bases covered as well! We had dual network points provided to the repeater system.. The repeater is connected via Verizon Wireless through 4G LTE and backup systems range not only from DTMF commands to reset the system if needed but direct wifi point to point as well again our system still failed and required an onsite visit to shut the system down.. I suppose what I am saying is that you can have all the dedicated access you want to your site including dtmf controls and things do fail.. The bigger question to answer everything is why did the vpn portion of the service fail why did onsite Broadband connections fail why did the system lock open and become unresponsive..  As far as maintaining control of the system one can only do so much.. I am not going to pay some one to set at the repeater site for two years while we wait for it to fail again.. Its just not cost prohibitive in an Amateur radio hobby although everything has its expense example Verizon 60 a month Dedicated Broadband connection 80 a month Data center to manage the entire vpn services along with data center hub 90 a month.. again data center side never failed.. only the repeater its self failed.. In fact the system seemed to hang up the 41715 connection prior to the incident.. Which is odd..

Anyway thanks Steve for your thoughts on this! We will continue to look for better ways of controlling our Allstarlink system however I feel that having two dedicated internet access points to the system should have been enough..

Loren Tedford (KC9ZHV)
Phone Main: 1+ (631) 686 – 8878 Option 1
Fax: 1-618-551-2755
Email: loren at lorentedford.com
Email: KC9ZHV at KC9ZHV.com
http://www.lorentedford.com