[App_rpt-users] Repeater Stuck Locked open for 18 hrs

Benjamin Naber Benjamin at Project23D.com
Sat Apr 28 03:48:19 UTC 2018

I agree with Kevin.

He was very carefully not mentioning the RA-35 which is produced by a
company under his supervision, but I can!

The RA35 and it's successors are absolutely great products! They have a
 heartbeat monitor that magically ('cause I don't know how) monitor
asterisk, and kill the PTT enable if the RA-35 does not 'sense'
asterisk.

Before I made the switch to DIAL, I was using Limey Linux, the real
embedded solution that does not kill SD cards or care how many times
there are abrupt power "disconnects", it just works.

Mind you, Limey came out and stopped being maintained *before* the
CM119 started to get used. But I wanted to see if it would work. In
this particular case either Limey or the thin client I was using did
not like the CM119 on the RA-35, and after a while, asterisk stopped
working... or something. Just so happened asterisk or something other
in the thin client USB hardware would die when I am in the middle of an
ASL conversation. The RA-35 did it's job, the heartbeat LED
extinguished and the node radio transmitted no more until I pulled the
power, and plugged the node back in.

A laptop with a whirly spinny thingy using DIAL and an RA-35, I'm care
free. Until *I* break it.

~Benjamin, KB9LFZ