[App_rpt-users] Repeater Stuck Locked open for 18 hrs

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Mon Apr 23 20:58:41 UTC 2018

Hi Loren,

Do you know about what time on Sunday the lock-up started?

...Just curious.

73, David KB4FXC

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018, Loren Tedford wrote:

> Yeah I couldn't get DTMF to pass to the repeater to do an old fashioned
reboot to the system.. We might just have to put a tot timer back on the
cm200's What concerns me about this is how random it occurred again we
had no issues up until Sunday makes me wonder if its not hardware that
has gone bad some where along the line in process.. At the moment I am
using another motherboard and processor along with new sticks of ram and
a different SSD.. Considering doing some test over the next week prior to
putting my repeaters back online..

> If you wish to sort through what I have recovered and give me your
thoughts and opinions of what went wrong please do! Here is the
information that I have gathered.. Again was not able to access /var/log/
folder But I did capture all audio files from the archive directory..

> The /var/log folder was my mistake I was trying to rush things..

<snip>

> Loren Tedford (KC9ZHV)
> Phone Main: 1+ (631) 686 – 8878 Option 1
> Fax: 1-618-551-2755
> Email: loren at lorentedford.com
> Email: KC9ZHV at KC9ZHV.com
> http://www.lorentedford.com