[App_rpt-users] Errors

John Rudolph- N2YP John at n2yp.com
Sun Apr 29 02:52:20 UTC 2018

I have a multi node x86 ASL Asterisk 1.01 system up and running. Today I went to add a puesdo/dahdi hub and just made a additions to rpt.conf and iax.conf, and went and rebooted Asterisk and or the whole system and even though I love undone the "new" node the system is broke. My URI'S no longer get a heartbeat but show via lsusb, I can't access Asterisk CLI- get "Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk.ctl exist?)" Yet this file does exist, Can't access radio-tune-menu - get "Error parsing device parameters", nodes no longer register with ASL, allmon2 can't access Asterisk manager, and my EchoLink node shows active but you can't access it. After multiple reboots I did try apt get update and upgrade with no success.  Dahdi and crc_ccitt show running and nothing shows in the asterisk log other than it starting the nodes.

What I don't understand is that I did nothing at all other than add a stanza for another node and uncomment that node number in iax.conf and restart. If someone could walk me through trouble shooting this I would appreciate it so I can learn what went wrong.
John Rudolph
Amateur Radio Op N2YP
Unadilla,NY