[App_rpt-users] UPS for a PI 3 B+

Ramesh Dhami Ramesh at va3uv.com
Sat Aug 4 18:07:02 UTC 2018

On 2018-08-04 1:20 PM, David wrote:
> That not true works great, have two in the field at repeater sites.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/05mdzjuqz87xi78/20180626_100527.jpg?dl=0

<-- Great! - that's very interesting.  Among the FAQ's for that product,
someone does reference the need to push a button.  I have a RAVPower USB
bank - and it works great - but once the battery has discharged, it
needs a button to be pushed.  I use the Allstar PI as a jump box to
tunnel through to other devices on the same network - hence my need for
the device to auto-recover and gracefully shutdown to avoid corruption
of the SD card.

I've been thinking about a UPS as I could use that to keep other devices
powered up during a power outage.  It would be awesome to have a UPS
where the AC outputs can be switched remotely (i.e., to recycle an
appliance / device).  My initial thought was to use an IP9258T power bar.

I'm currently using one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Jinvoo-Protector-Outlet-Charging-Station/dp/B071ZGDDQG/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1533405729&sr=1-1-spons&keywords=jinvoo+smart+plug&psc=1

The great thing about this is that it allows you to remotely control
each output and the USB ports - the bad thing is that when there's a
power outage, it seems to default to all outlets OFF and turns on the
USB power..... DUH - since my RAVPower USB bank has been plugged into
one of the AC outlets, the fact that the power bar defaults to OFF after
a power outage, is forcing my USB battery bank to discharge over time.

Cheers,

Ramesh.
VA3UV / KN4RSD