[App_rpt-users] BIG registration problem this morning

Tim Sawyer tisawyer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 03:02:33 UTC 2018

One of the ways to test registration is to add the register line to another
server on a different network. I'm one of the Allstar admins so I can
lookup your node password. I added your 2577 node to a test server here at
home. As you can see (below) it assumes the port I have configured for this
node. All is ok, system is working the way it's suposed to.

I suspect 'iax2 show registry' on your system has long shown the incorrect
ports, but it still worked because the portal configuration overrode the
network reported port. The new system uses the port reported by the network
and ignores the portal config. That has advantage of not needing to set you
server port on the allstarlink.org site. So now you need to figure out why
the network is reporting the wrong port.

Hope this helps. I've removed your registration from my node as the test is
complete.

*CLI> iax2 show registry
Host                  dnsmgr  Username    Perceived             Refresh
 State
44.98.254.145:4569    Y       2577        47.157.254.238:4567        60
 Registered
44.98.254.145:4569    Y       2502        47.157.254.238:4567        60
 Registered

Tim WD6AWP