[App_rpt-users] BIG registration problem this morning

Danny K5CG k5cg at hamoperator.org
Mon Aug 13 03:06:40 UTC 2018

I'm running pfSense and I "could" setup a static port for the outbound NAT but since when does the source port ever match the destination port, for any protocol? I'm not touching it.

46679*CLI> iax2 show registry
Host                  dnsmgr  Username        Perceived             Refresh  State
44.98.254.145:4569    Y       46679           47.187.195.172:29961       60  Auth. Sent

4569 is what's set on the portal for my node. 29961 appears to be what is recorded on the server from my registration.

The portal port needs to be used or there has to be a way to set the port in rpt.conf to have that communicated to the registration server. Relying on the source port (which can be anything) is not a good idea.

Next steps?

Danny
K5CG