[App_rpt-users] SSH Access

Jim Nessen nessenj at jimsoffice.org
Thu Aug 16 22:29:24 UTC 2018

  1.   What username are you using to log into the local interface?  If it's root, then chances are it may be blocked from logging in via ssh.  Depending on what distribution you are using, the username may be 'pi'.  Again, it depends on what distro you are using.
  2.  So, the CTCSS in the radio driver tells the node what signaling it should expect on the CTCSS pin from the radio, usb means that it when it senses the signal go active high, the radio has a valid PL, usbinvert is the flip of that and active low.  That setting does not control what the node sends to the radio.  If you don't plan on using that pin, it may be safe just to disconnect it (again, it depends on if you plan on using it).
  3.  Take a look at what you have set for bindport in /etc/asterisk/iax.conf.  That port is what you need to open to allow people to connect in to your node (this is a udp port).  If you want to allow remote access via ssh, you will also need to open tcp/22 or tcp/222 (again, depending on what distro you are using).

Hope that helps!

Jim, K6JWN