[App_rpt-users] 3. Limey Linux Questions / Help (Marshall Oldham)

George Csahanin george at dyb.com
Thu Dec 20 16:52:10 UTC 2018

>     3. Limey Linux Questions / Help (Marshall Oldham)

Marshall, just yesterday I updated my Limey to the latest
allstar/asterisk. I first tried just replacing the app_rpt.c file but
that didn't fly. So I got the whole thing from github and in Limey I did
getsrc then in the source tree went into the asterisk directory and
deleted all. Next dropped the new asterisk/allstar source in to the
directory. Some make files have permissions set to where it would not
compile but I simply did 'chmod 755 * -R' and then went back up to the
/usr/src/astsrc directrory and did 'make genconfig' First menu came up
no changes needed, escape out and then more time till the main menu for
asterisk comes up. Select as needed, escape out, hit "S" for save and
let it compile.

I got errors when the system was out of memory. So I tried again but
eliminated echolink, channel voter and stuff I knew I didn't need. And
especially the sound files, didn't compile them. They were already on
the computer. Then it compiled and applied the new asterisk executable.
But then you need to save it and for some reason the script "svastbin"
didn't place the newly compiled asterisk on the cf card, so I moved it
manually from /root and reboot, all went fine, it works great. My reason
was to allow allmon to work with this node. The old 0.287 source didn't
know about allmon.

Hope this helps.

Just curious, how long has your cf card been in service? Mine's been
running since 2012.

GeorgeC W2DB 2360

--
George Csahanin