[App_rpt-users] Allstar Node

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Dec 26 21:23:23 UTC 2018

Willem,

Unfortunately, the "GPL" is only a leverage tool that W9CR (and a few
others) are barking about to quickly gain "community" support. You all are
being used a pawns.

There is a lot more to this story not known by many people.

Little details like when Jim Dixon passed, he had no will ("Intestate").
There is an open Probate case in the LA county courts right now. But no
mention of anything related to AllStar. In fact, Jim had NO assets listed
at all. Look at these  Court documents for yourself. This is a link to
the LA County Court website:  https://www.lacourt.org/page/CI0100
Click "Continue as Guest" at the bottom of this page and then use this
case number: 17STPB08347

When exactly did W9CR or ASL obtain copyright ownership??  This question
has been asked repeatedly "behind the scenes." No Answer.  I have
personally asked various persons for a legal statement about this. No
Answer.

Yes, I've seen the history posted by KE6PCV.

I (and HamVoIP) have continually been called a "criminals," etc., by W9CR
(and a few others). Are you aware that "criminal" proceeding can only be
initiated by the copyright owner??  So far, I've not been contacted by the
owner??

Some other interesting facts include:

How did W9CR obtain 9+ domains previously owned solely by Jim Dixon, as of
his untimely death??  They include:

allstarlink.com
allstarlink.net
allstarlink.org
bsdtelephony.net
duuuude.com
lambdatel.com
ofaa.org
zapatatelephony.com
zapatatelephony.org

Jim also owned a /21 IPv4 subnet (206.82.240.0/21) when he passed. That
also now belongs to W9CR, as of about 03/28/2018. See:

https://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-206-82-240-0-1/pft?s=206.82.247.18

I guess you're also not aware that W9CR is trying to TRADEMARK the
word-mark "AllStar" ???  Try searching the USPTO and take a look at the
exhibits presented! Here is a link:

https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks-application-process/search-trademark-database

Unfortunately, it seems the pot will have to be stirred. This useless bull
hockey WILL finally get resolved for once and for all.

Sincerely,

73, David KB4FXC