[App_rpt-users] Allstar Node

Willem Schreuder willem at prinmath.com
Thu Dec 27 02:55:59 UTC 2018

On Wed, 26 Dec 2018, David McGough wrote:

> My reasoning is simple--if private intellectual property is
> unintentionally released, which scenario is least damaging:

You omit the third and only responsible action if you believe that you are
releasing private intellectual property not covered by the GPL:

3.  Do not release anything at all.

If you don't believe that you have the right to that intellectual property
through the GPL, you have no business releasing it in any form whatsoever.

This is why the GPL is so powerful.  Once you release something under the
GPL, you cannot take it back.  That is why software companies have to be
so careful taking contributions.  The GPL is rather insidious, and I for
one think that is a good thing.

Dr. Willem A. Schreuder,  President,  Principia Mathematica
Address:  445 Union Blvd, Suite 230,  Lakewood, CO  80228, USA
Tel: (303) 716-3573   Fax: (303) 716-3575
WWW: www.prinmath.com   Email: Willem.Schreuder at prinmath.com