[App_rpt-users] Mini Computers

JJC cummingsj at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 02:26:40 UTC 2018

Skyler,

I’ll have to disagree with your statements completely.  I have not only personally load-tested but I have and know of many high traffic systems that are running with zero “sputter” or issue.l on a Pi.  Several have been on the air and running for well over a year.

I am also running one system in conjunction with DMRLink and transcoding audio (read a much heavier demand on System resources) from DMR <-> Analog with no “sputter”.  Granted the transcoding is offloaded to a separate chip but nonetheless.  On all of these systems running on a Pi 2 or 3 the system load from asterisk, DMRLink etc all combined never exceeds 15% and the audio is always clean ( not withstanding network craziness ).

So having said all of this I would look elsewhere for what may be causing your audio ailments.  I can’t really point you in a specific direction other than to review overall system load and performance inline with general system administration best practices.  And of course standard troubleshooting methods of hardware swapping/testing and validation.

JJC
N0PKT

Sent from the iRoad, so please ignore any typos or awesome autocorrects