[App_rpt-users] Mini Computers

Skyler F electricity440 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 4 01:19:32 UTC 2018

At this point, I don't think the raspberry pi audio is as good as it could
be on the raspberry pi. Even with a pi 3 on the best settings in usbradio,
it will sputter every once and a while I realize Doug has implemented a
precision timer, however, his image is not open source, and I cannot
modify, therefore not an option for me.

What is the best mini computer hardware available for reasonable prices
nowadays that I could use in place of the pi? The raspberry pi arm
architecture just does not seem to cut the current versions of AllStar and
DAHDI. I realize how picky I am being, but I am sort of going crazy by some
raspberry pi nodes i've put together with crazy sputtering issues. And the
telemetry sometimes sounds like it is played at 1/2 speed. U

Usbradio and simpleusb have their different problems, but neither seem to
work ok. I would actually argue usbradio works better on the pi because it
does not have an unreliable duplex audio delay.

Do ATOM processers work well? Best suggestions here for something
lightweight and non power-hungry?

Thank You!
Skyler KDØWHB