[App_rpt-users] 888 and usb

Nate Hardman nhardman1428 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 04:35:43 UTC 2018

 first you need to make sure you are loading the usbradio channel drivers
in *modules.conf* :
set
noload => chan_simpleusb.so
load => chan_usbradio.so

in *rpt.conf* set:

rxchannel = radio/usb_NODENUMBER   <==  replace with you actual node number
comment out any other rxchannel lines place a (  ;  ) semi-colon at the
beginning of the line.
run from cli  radio-tune-menu
put radio in monitor mode (press and hold mon button) to auto detect RX
noise level
USE A SERVICE MONITOR to set RX voice level and RX CTCSS level

USE a SERVICE MONITOR to set TX levels

without the use of a service monitor you can not guarantee quality levels
or levels within limits of what equipment was designed for.
or proper decoding of DTMF tones
finish with the rest of the settings then make sure you use option W to
write the config file

--

Nathan Hardman
nhardman1428 at gmail.com