[App_rpt-users] Raslink vs Dial for RPI

Kevin Custer kuggie at kuggie.com
Tue Feb 6 00:18:15 UTC 2018

I recommend something other than a Raspberry Pi 3 for a multiple node
set-up.   I have several instances of single and dual node installations
using usbradio on INTEL ATOM processor based computers, as follows.

Intel D2500 fanless motherboard - about $60
A Mini-itx Case/Power Supply - about $50
2 gig of RAM - about $16
Samsung 16 gig SSD MMBRE16G5MSP - about $20 (used)

This makes a very capable fanless computer for about $150.00.  Yes -
it's not $40.00, but it also doesn't have the machine gun effect of
running usbradio on a Pi3.   I've had zero issues using these
used-reclaimed SSD drives.  eBay is a good source for everything.

Kevin W3KKC