[App_rpt-users] Simulcast buffer value issue

Hayden Honeywood haydenph91 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 02:43:12 UTC 2018

Hi guys,
Been simulcasting for a little while now, has anyone come across the
following issue, simulcasted or not.

Sometimes it seems the audio echo back upon unkey seems to be excessively
long. Usually I hear the last syllable, but sometimes at worst I'll be
getting several words worth, probably 2 seconds.

I had Simulcast launch delay set on one of my mains sites to 10
microseconds and it seemed to happen a lot more often, however I have heard
it happen even when this value is zero on all sites.

I seem to recall Tim mentioned in a post somewhere that the timing in the
PIC does not always launch at the same time. Is this the likely problem
here? I can't refer that post as I think it was on the now defunct oncosec?
mailing list.

Internet connections are high quality stable connections with average ping
times of 25-30ms. I haven't correlated it to a particular time of day yet.

Regards
Hayden VK7HH