[App_rpt-users] Raspberry Pi3 model B

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Wed Feb 14 01:01:42 UTC 2018

On 2/13/18 7:26 PM, ARS W5OMR wrote:
> picked
> up an HDMI-to-VGA adapter for the monitor I have for this project

You have an analog only monitor on the RPi.

> dd bs=1M if=/home/geoff/Downloads/RAT_RC1/RAT_RC1.img of=/dev/sdb1
> 3000+0 records in
> 3000+0 records out
> 3145728000 bytes (3.1 GB) copied, 239.58 s, 13.1 MB/s

Should be /dev/sdb if that's the location of the SDcard.  /dev/sdb1 is the 1st
partition on there, and that image needs to be on the boot block.

> RPi3 red LED lights up, and that's where it ends.  No monitor action, no
> nothing else.

You should at least see the "bios" output if the SDcard is bad, IIRC.

I'd try the sdcard and find a HDMI/DVI monitor, or just plug it into your tv :)

73's
--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice