[App_rpt-users] Raspberry Pi3 model B

ARS W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:56:03 UTC 2018

> > up an HDMI-to-VGA adapter for the monitor I have for this project
>
> You have an analog only monitor on the RPi.

I have an HDMI to VGA adapter.  More on that below.

> > dd bs=1M if=/home/geoff/Downloads/RAT_RC1/RAT_RC1.img of=/dev/sdb1
> > 3000+0 records in
> > 3000+0 records out
> > 3145728000 bytes (3.1 GB) copied, 239.58 s, 13.1 MB/s
>
> Should be /dev/sdb if that's the location of the SDcard.  /dev/sdb1 is
the 1st
> partition on there, and that image needs to be on the boot block.

That's exactly what happened.  I re-wrote the SD card, leaving off the
partition, and booted the Rpi3 and was successful -  to a point.  Activity
light, there was text flowing on the screen, the ethernet port is lit,
there is currently both the red power LED lit, as well as the green ACT LED
lit, but the video went away. :-/

> I'd try the sdcard and find a HDMI/DVI monitor, or just plug it into your
tv :)

I don't have an HDMI monitor/tv in the shack.

---
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR