[App_rpt-users] Raspberry Pi3 model B

ARS W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 16:04:36 UTC 2018

​So, here's the update.
I re-wrote the SD card, booted the Pi, text started scrolling on the
screen, the ACT LED is lit, the ethernet port LED's are lit, it would
appear that the .img loaded and the machine booted up.  Then, the video
disappeared.  The Rpi3 is still lit as well as the ethernet port.  "Ok.  I
can get around that.  I'll just ssh into the dang thing!" (he said, not
realizing his oncoming frustration)

The frustrating part - I tried, for the longest, to remember the login
credentials for the cable modem to no avail.

So, I did an 'arp -a' and found the mac addresses for those connected
devices on my network.

The only other address that responds to an 'ssh' command, other than this
machine (at .106) was one at .103.  However, try as I might, the password
"debian" (sans quotes) is not recognized.​  The peculiar thing is, .103
didn't show up in the arp -a list. (head-scratch)