[App_rpt-users] Simulcast buffer value issue

Hayden Honeywood haydenph91 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 22:09:53 UTC 2018

locked. Both Joe KC2IRV and myself have confirmed that, although using
OCXO's by themselves work, they aren't perfect and move around. If you
still have the little crystal in there, that will be the major source of
your issues, it is nowhere near stable enough.

Fix the overlap issues to where a majority of your users are, don't worry
about mobiles, it will just sound mostly like multipathing to them, if done
right. Fixed stations really suffer the most in bad overlap areas.

Jesse - I use a radio base called Unilab/Stanillite KL series. They come in
KL70 (can be modded to 50MHz), KL150 (for 2m), KL450 (for 70cm) and KL850.
I'm pretty sure they were exclusive to the Australian market.
I've got all my audios set up the same, straight into the modulator diode.
All freq response is exactly the same, and levels set the same.

The issue doesn't appear to be audio related but software related as per
Tim's post earlier. My Pi does run at 100mbps though, perhaps I should be
forcing that down to 10mbps as a start. I'm just not sure why changing the
simulcast launch delay causes the issue, at least on the surface to be
worse when that's on a per board basis back at the TX sites.

Hayden