[App_rpt-users] RTCM to Kenwood TKR-750

Jeff DePolo jd0 at broadsci.com
Mon Feb 19 14:42:01 UTC 2018

> I am looking for any guidance on interfacing an RTCM to a
> TKR-750.  In particular:
> 1) should I use TA or TD for feeding in the transmit audio (I
> am using TD)

You should be using the TA input.

TD is the low-speed data input.  It is a wideband input with response down
to near-DC.  It has no preemphasis.  Even with the softpot cranked all the
way up you still need several volts of audio to deviate to 5 kHz.  Also, if
you enable PL on the transmitter, it will disable the TD input (i.e. you
can't both encode PL AND use the TD input concurrently), so if you have the
TKR configured to encode PL, you're not going to hear anything coming in the
TD input.

> 2) how should I configure the channel ('duplex'?)

Yes, duplex.

> 3) what about other settings like PTT priority (currently
> local mic, external ptt, repeat ptt)

Shouldn't matter since you won't have more than one PTT source active
anyway, you can leave it at default.  Also be sure to disable TOT on the
external PTT, disable CWID, etc..

				--- Jeff WN3A

---