[App_rpt-users] RTCM to Kenwood TKR-750

Doug Kingston dpk at randomnotes.org
Mon Feb 19 09:08:07 UTC 2018

I am looking for any guidance on interfacing an RTCM to a TKR-750.  In
particular:
1) should I use TA or TD for feeding in the transmit audio (I am using TD)
2) how should I configure the channel ('duplex'?)
3) what about other settings like PTT priority (currently local mic,
external ptt, repeat ptt)

I initially used channel mode 'repeat' which is not right because then you
get local repeat mixed with the transmit audio coming from the RTCM
(slightly delayed).  I switched to duplex mode and now I am PTT but
transmit audio.

Form my contribution, I can offer a solution to the level problem
interfacing the CTCSS decode (TOR) to the CTCSS line on the RTCM.
I used an NPN transistor and a voltage divider (15k, 5k) to ground fed by
the TOR (active high) from the Kenwood.  This works nicely.

-Doug-
KD7DK