[App_rpt-users] node will not connect to internet

K5CG k5cg at hamoperator.org
Wed Feb 21 01:22:41 UTC 2018

Hi David,

Something about your setup doesn't sound right, that you have to make adjustments to your node every time your ISP changes your public IP. You might experience some offline time waiting for the status update and the DNS update to complete, but then your node would be reachable again, without you having to do a thing. Maybe 30 minutes or so, I would guess.

The IP of your node, nor your DNS server settings, should ever change even if the ISP changes your public IP, so long as it is configured correctly on your LAN - behind your router.

Are you connected by wired or wireless to your LAN?

Can you ping your router's IP from the node? (This has to work before anything else will.)

Can you ping www.microsoft.com from your node? (This would verify your DNS servers and gateway IP settings. This has to work also.)

What are these settings:
the LAN IP of your node
the netmask
the gateway
the dns server(s)

the LAN IP of your router
the netmask

Who is your ISP?

Please send the output of this command from your node.

traceroute www.microsoft.com

73
Danny
K5CG