[App_rpt-users] Upgrade from Dial to ASL distro.

Tim Sawyer tisawyer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 20:43:50 UTC 2018

There is not much to change when there is one node on your server. I learn
something every time I go through the process as the comments generally get
updated with each new release. Also there is a chance something will have
to be different with a new release, so the safe bet is modify the existing
config and read the comments:
 - Copy the provided config directory: /etc/asterisk to something like
/etc/asterisk.orig or .bak
 - Grep (or search rpt.conf, extensions.conf and iax.conf) for node 1999
and change that to your node number.
 - In iax.conf, in addition to changing to your node number, uncomment the
register line and change it to your node's password.
 - Also in iax.conf remember to add the port if you use something other
than 4569 (your server's port on allstarlink.org must match iax.conf).
 - In rpt.conf change rxchannel= to your channel driver.
 - Do the setup procedure for your channel driver or copy over the file
(ex: simpleusb.conf)

Having said that, doesn't ASL 1.01 have a script to help with this,
'nodesetup' or something like that? Seems like there was even a menu item
for this.

--
Tim WD6AWP